Monday, February 20, 2012

Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange Migration Project

Recently I was assigned with Migration from Notes to Exchange 2010 project. Well I’ve been waiting for this project so long because I think I could gain some very valuable experience in my career.

Unfortunately this project turns out to be no migration at all because the customer did not want to buy the migration tools from Quest software. In a nutshell, this is a simple new Exchange implementation project.Since high availability (HA) isn’t my customer’s requirement, I deploy all 3 server roles (CAS,HUB,Mailbox) in a single VM running on top of ESXi5.

We set a cut-off date that all mails will be routed to Exchange server instead of Lotus Domino, and all users starts using outlook on the same time.

Everything was running quite smooth since there is not much of real migration involve.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment